Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How to save the world, starting with yourself...

Just yesterday, in his blog How To Save The World, Dave Pollard imparted some words of wisdom regarding "what to do when you're stuck". Dave's personal goal, and the advice he gives others, is to learn to do something interesting and useful every day in order to feel less helpless and more self-confident, more capable.

During my midlife crisis I've had so many lifestyle changes that I've been feeling quite overwhelmed. Stuck. Frustrated. Yesterday Dave Pollard did me a huge favor when he tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that I don't have to feel helpless or static.

For the last few months I've been regrouping, trying to focus on what is really important to me so that I can once again do something to try to make the world a better place for all sentient life. To that end I am learning--how to blog, how to do some very very very basic HTML programming, and how to better use the internet to accomplish what I set out to do. From this point on I hope to remember to ask myself daily "What can I learn today that will be interesting and of use to me or other living creatures?" and then learn it. Focus.

Thank you, Dave!

No comments: